VOFAD is a local NGO established in January/2001 by a group of volunteer Ethiopians in order to intervene in the prevention and mitigation of HIV/AIDS and addressing the reproductive health problems of the community through awareness creation of most vulnerable population group adolescent and youth commercial sex workers street children.
- Promote HIV/AIDS prevention and control focusing on women, children, adolescents and youth.
- Sensitize the community to access information and services on HIV/AIDs, family planning, safe motherhood, adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive health and other reproductive health components.
- Support and facilitate households of low socio-economic status by enhancing income generating activities (IGAs),
- Promoting family counseling for harmonious family relationship and tackle family disorganization etc.
- Establish and strengthen networking and partnership with like-minded local and international organizations working on HIV/AIDS and other reproductive health components.